This Raspberry Lime Loaf is the perfect sweet and tangy treat to pair with a cup of tea for a little daily zen. It’s packed with fresh berries, lime zest and tons of great flavor!
When I was in high school, I spent my summers working at an ice cream shop with a bunch of my friends. It was a pretty good gig– so good, in fact, that I actually worked there past college, part-time into my corporate days, until I moved to a different state a few years later. Throughout the almost 10 years that I worked there I’m sure I scooped thousands of ice cream cones and made hundreds of frappes (also known as milkshakes, in every other part of the country).
But one of the most popular things at the ice cream shop wasn’t actually ice cream. It was a super refreshing drink called a Raspberry Lime Rickey– basically lemon-lime soda with raspberry syrup and a squeeze of fresh lime. I made (and drank) a ton of Rickey’s, and have since always loved the flavor combination.
These days, I don’t drink many sugary drinks. And my life has definitely become a little more hectic than ice cream cones and high school gossip. But I still need a little treat now and then, and I definitely need a little zen me time.
My idea of happy time? A cup of tea and a little baked good! I recently tried a new tea that I’m loving– Tazo® Tea‘s Zen. Tazo’s Zen™ tea is a harmonious blend of green tea with lemongrass & spearmint. Minty and lemony teas are my two favorites, so I love that the two are blended together. Definitely my idea of Zen!
I also love Tazo’s Awake™ English Breakfast and their Passion® tea– an herbal infusion of hibiscus, orange peel, rose hips & passion fruit flavors. Tazo teas are made with some of the finest quality tea leaves, spices and botanicals to create unexpected blends that are delicious and will bring some excitement to your day. And you can find them at your local grocery store!
My latest homemade baked good? A beautiful Raspberry Lime Loaf! I decided to channel my high school Raspberry Lime Rickey’s into a yummy quick bread.
Plump, juicy raspberries and fresh lime and zest give this sweet bread a little tang. It’s perfect with a cup of tea, any time of day, to perk up you up! It’s pretty much fool proof too– it comes together easily and bakes up to golden perfection.
- 2 cups + 1 tablespoon flour, divided
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- Juice & zest of 1 lime
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss raspberries with 1 tbsp flour until evenly coated.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, vanilla, sugar, buttermilk, lime juice and zest.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined.
- Carefully fold in flour coated raspberries.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes, until top is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooking.
Check out Tazo tea’s website so you can find Tazo near you and #SipJoyfully!