These moist peanut butter blondies are studded with lots of rich chocolate chips. Perfect for dessert or to pair with a cup of coffee!
I have a confession to make. I’m a bit of a peanut butter hoarder. Actually, all nut butters in general. At any given time, I probably have at LEAST 10 jars of assorted peanut, coconut, almond and sunflower butters. To make matters worse (and by worse, obviously I mean better), not too long ago I won a sample pack of 6 full-sized PB’s in different flavors. (Peanut Butter & Co. if you’re wondering… they have all kinds of fun flavors.)
My pantry was bursting at the seams with nut butter jars, and even though I use them often in my breakfast, I just wasn’t making enough of a dent.
So I decided to bake some delicious peanut butter treats. And obviously peanut butter and chocolate are lovers so I had to include some of that too.
I made these deliciously soft bars for a party and they were such a big hit that I made them a second time a week later for another party. I’ll probably make them again soon since I still have about 400 jars of PB. I’m definitely making a good dent, though!
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Using an electric or stand mixer, cream together peanut butter, butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes on medium-high speed. Add the egg, milk and vanilla extract and continue beating until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt, and beat slowly until incorporated. Increase speed to medium-high and beat another minute.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until edges are just turning golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely, then cut into 16 bars and serve!