Happy Monday and Happy Secret Recipe Club Day! Members of the Secret Recipe Club are assigned a blog each month. Who has who is a secret until reveal day (today!). The mission is to choose a recipe from the assigned blog, make it, and share it!
This month, I was assigned the blog Loving Life, written by Kirsten who is a stay-at-home mom to two daughters in Washington state. Kirsten loves to cook, garden, read and blog! Her blog includes all types of great family recipes. I was drooling over her Hot Crab Dip (made with crabs her family caught while on vacation!), her Blueberry Zucchini Bread (definitely bookmarking this for next summer’s zucchini harvest!), and her Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars (because, yeah, pumpkin and chocolate!).
Kirsten’s recipe for Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps caught my eye and I figured a healthy meal before the indulgent holiday season couldn’t hurt!! Not only is this recipe healthy, it’s also super delicious. The lettuce wraps are enough on their own as a light meal, or you could pair them with some rice as Kirsten did for something a little heartier.
I really enjoyed browsing through Loving Life and reading fun stories about Kirsten’s family! Thanks for the great recipe inspiration!
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- ¾ lb chicken breast tenders, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup diced baby bella mushrooms
- 6 green onions, chopped
- ¾ cup cashews, roughly chopped
- Butter lettuce leaves, for serving
- 2 carrots, julienned, for serving
- Toasted sesame seeds, for serving
- In small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, cayenne, ginger and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Heat the coconut or olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken, mushrooms and reserved sauce, and cook until chicken is cooked through and caramelized, and sauce is thickened, about 6-7 minutes. Add the green onions and cashews and cook an additional 1-2 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Serve the chicken mixture wrapped in the lettuce leaves (like a taco) and top with carrots and sesame seeds.
If you love these lettuce wraps, here are a couple other recipes you might want to check out!