Did everyone have a good Halloween? I stayed home to give out candy to trick-or-treaters. We had tons of kids last year. This year, I got a bunch of early ones– mostly little kids– and then it started raining. Guys, this is the first time it has rained since March. And it decides to rain at 7pm on Halloween night. What are the chances? So now I’m stuck with a million pieces of candy and no self control. Great.
Anywho, now that Halloween is over, it’s time to start looking towards Thanksgiving and Christmas! I made you some fabulously perfect holiday cookies and I’ve teamed up with some of my blogger friends to give you the chance to win $250 for your holiday shopping!
White chocolate and cranberry is a classic holiday combination. These cookies use the perfect chewy cookie base and are studded with both holiday favorites. The tangy cranberry balances out the super sweet white chocolate.
Usually when I make cookies, I use this Perfect Cookie Base from Cookies and Cups. It’s seriously perfect. I used it for these cookies and added my holiday mix-ins.
- ¾ cup butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a stand or hand mixer on medium speed, beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and continue beating until combined.
- Turn the mixer to low and slowly add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt until combined. (You can mix the dry ingredients in a bowl first, but I just add them directly to the mixing bowl to save dishes.)
- Add the white chocolate chips and cranberries and mix until just combined.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons onto a nonstick or parchment-lined baking sheet. (They don't spread drastically, so they can be fairly close together.)
- Bake 8-9 minutes until bottom edges are JUST barely golden. They may look slightly underdone, but don't overbake!
- Remove from oven and let cool on the pan a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
These cookies stay moist and chewy for days… assuming you can resist eating the whole batch for that long. I think it’s the cornstarch that’s the secret ingredient! The vanilla and brown sugar give them amazing flavor as well! These cookies freeze really well, too, so they are great for making ahead of time.
Now… who wants to win some MONEY!? Some of my blog friends and I are giving away a $250 (USD) Amazon gift card. It’s open to anyone 18 or older. It’s not sponsored by anyone, just funded by us because WE LOVE OUR READERS!!
Enter below using the Rafflecopter widget. I know everyone could use some extra shopping money around the holidays, so good luck!! And be sure to check out all the other awesome blogs!
Have a great week!!