You guys… last night a miracle happened. I touched my toes.
OK, maybe this doesn’t seem like a miracle. But it really is. This was the first time in my entire life that I’ve ever touched my toes. Seriously.
As a runner (who totally never stretches before or after running… meh), I have super tight hamstrings. But even before I started running, I could never touch my toes. I couldn’t even come close. We’re talking barely past my knees. I was pretty pathetic as a kid in gym class trying to pass the Presidential Fitness Test (touching your toes was one of the tests!).
Anyways, about a month ago I started going to yoga classes to try to get more flexible and to improve my posture (which is terrible). After only 4 weeks of going only once a week… I touched my toes! For the first time in my life!
Nick is making fun of me for being so excited, but at least the yoga instructor was pumped. I really didn’t think it could ever happen, so now I’m totally a yoga believer!
But I’ll get back to food now…
My garden is still pumping out zucchinis left and right so you fine folks get another zucchini recipe. This one is mostly healthy but much less healthy tasting than some of my healthy muffin recipes. These are quite sweet and super light and fluffy. Maybe one of the best muffins I’ve made yet!! Hooray!!
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup virgin coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 large)
- ½ cup shredded sweetened coconut, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking soda, powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk together coconut oil, honey, yogurt, eggs and vanilla. Stir in the zucchini. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. Fold in the coconut.
- Scoop the batter evenly into 24 lined or sprayed muffin cups.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until the edges are just turning golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
What are you making with all your zucchinis this summer? Do you love yoga?!