Greek Tortellini Salad

Greek Tortellini Salad

With a high of 106 degrees today, I don’t really care what season the date says it is… it’s full-fledged summer out here!

With summer comes BBQ’ing and grilling season, cookouts and picnics. I bet you’ll be asked to bring a side dish to at least one event in the near future. Well… this is an awesome one! I was invited to a cookout for Memorial Day and this is exactly what I brought. It’s such a bright and fresh salad full of crisp and crunchy summer veggies. And it’s pretty too– so colorful! It’s great because there’s no mayo so it can sit out in the heat for a little bit if it has to. And obviously if it’s 106 here in June… we’ll be dealing with some heat.

This salad was a big hit and one I would definitely make again!!

Greek Tortellini Salad

Greek Tortellini Salad

(adapted from Slow Roasted Italian)

serves 8

• 2 bell peppers (orange, yellow or red), diced
  • 2 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 1 English cucumber, diced
  • 16 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
  • ½ cup Kalamata olives, halved
  • 6 oz feta cheese, crumbled
  • 1 (9 oz) package tortellini, cooked according to package directions, drained and cooled
  • 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives

for the dressing:

• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
  • ¼ cup red wine vinegar
  • ½ tsp dried oregano
  • ½ tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp sugar

Combine veggies, feta, tortellini and chives in a bowl. In a small bowl (or jar), whisk (or shake) together dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Ta da! Easy-peasy!

Greek Tortellini Salad

Here are some more great summer sides to check out!

Buffalo & Blue Potato Salad

Buffalo & Blue Potato Salad

Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad // by Flying on Jess Fuel

Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad

Honey Dijon Potato Salad

Honey Dijon Potato Salad

You Might Also Like:

Comments

1. says

It is full fledged summer and so hot where I live too! We had a high of 109 last week and it was painful to just be outside. This salad looks like the perfect cure for the summer heat! Greek salads are my favorite and I love kalamata olives :) Try to stay cool!

2. says

Ugh! It was in the triple digits up here in N. California too. Melting! Thank goodness for swimming pools.

This pasta salad sounds delicious! Such a great idea to use tortellini! The more cheese the better : )

3. says

Aside from the olives (I just have a dislike for them I can’t get past… I know, there’s something wrong with me) this looks fantastic and perfect for a nice hot summer day! Definitely a perfect cookout companion!

4. says

I know what you mean about the hot weather lately. I keep thinking that it’s too early in the summer for triple digit heat, and yet, here we are. Anyway, what I really wanted to say is that this looks so refreshing! I might have to put it on my weekly menu when I go grocery shopping this week!

5. says

I’ve come back to report that I made this, and I loved it! I wish I would have made twice as much so that I could have had leftovers. The day after I made it, I made the previous recipe (spiced dal), too! I’m on a Jess Fuel, kick. Haha! I really liked both recipes!

• jessfuel says

Yayyyy!! That’s so exciting!! I’ve already made the tortellini a second time. We’ve been trying to eat less meat lately so that when we DO eat it, we can eat good quality organic stuff and not feel bad about paying more for it… so yeah… hence they recent surge in meatless recipes ’round here. :)