Well, it’s almost Valentine’s Day and that means stores are filling up with pink and red, hearts and kisses. And while that may make me want to barf, I do appreciate some fun and festive food!
I rarely eat fast food. And I REALLY rarely eat McDonald’s. Maybe a couple times a year? But when I do… it’s all about the strawberry milkshake. I don’t care about the fries, I don’t care about the nugs. My sweet tooth gets the best of me and I beeline it for some berrylicious heaven.
These cookies. They are different. For one thing, they are bright pink. It may be a little concerning to some, but I’ll take it in the name of holiday spirit. These cookies are also super dee duper sweet! But guess what they taste like?
A STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE!!
I wasn’t sure how these would be, but I ended up loving them! In moderation, of course, as to avoid the definite resulting sugar high. They are especially awesome with an ice cold glass of milk.
The cookies are also really easy thanks to a nice shortcut– using boxed cake mix! If you’re looking for something cute for Valentine’s Day, or just something different than your average chocolate chip, you’ve definitely got to try these!
(Recipe from Raining Hot Coupons)
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer until combined. Fold in chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop round (about 1 tablespoon) balls onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes exactly. (Any longer and they will start browning-- not as pretty!)
- Cool a couple minutes on the pan and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Check out these other festive Valentine’s Day recipes:
Whether you’ll be smooching your sweetie or trash-talking boys with your girlfriends, be sure to enjoy the holiday with some pink, red and CHOCOLATE! XOXO!