Another fresh strawberry inspired treat for you today!
Nick has had some kind of flu since last Wednesday, so everything in our house has been out of commission. No cooking, no cleaning (well, except my excessive lysoling), no blogging. Just lots of movie watching and taking it easy. He’s finally mostly better and I’m finally catching up on all the chores I’d been putting off.
I made this banana bread last week before the flu rolled in and we basically housed it in 2 days, it was so good! It came out super moist and delicious.
- 4 very ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a potato masher or fork. Mix butter into the mashed banana.
- Mix in the sugars, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flours and mix to combine. Gently fold in the strawberries.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4×8 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack.
- Remove from pan and slice to serve.
Adapted from Simply Recipes.