Strawberry Banana Bread

Another fresh strawberry inspired treat for you today!

Strawberry Banana Bread

Nick has had some kind of flu since last Wednesday, so everything in our house has been out of commission. No cooking, no cleaning (well, except my excessive lysoling), no blogging. Just lots of movie watching and taking it easy. He’s finally mostly better and I’m finally catching up on all the chores I’d been putting off.

I made this banana bread last week before the flu rolled in and we basically housed it in 2 days, it was so good! It came out super moist and delicious.

Strawberry Banana Bread

Strawberry Banana Bread

(adapted from Simply Recipes)

• 4 very ripe bananas
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup diced fresh strawberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mash bananas with a potato masher or fork. In a large bowl, mix butter into the mashed banana. Mix in the sugars, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flours and mix to combine. Gently fold in the strawberries. Pour mixture into a buttered 4×8 inch loaf pan.

Strawberry Banana Bread

Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

StrawberryBananaBread1

You Might Also Like:

Comments

• Cynthia says

I modified this a bit. With all the bad press with wheat, I decided to use all of the all purpose flour. It looked a bit thick. So I added 1/4 cup of banana yogurt. My husband said that it is the best I have ever cooked in 10 years. Turned out amazing!

1. says

We have been loving the strawberries this season..they have been so sweet! My kids inhale them…Sometimes I go to the grocery store 3 times a week just to pick up strawberries :) Bread looks great and so moist…a definite must try (if our strawberries ever last long enough for me to back with them :) )

2. says

This was awsome I love strawberries and made 3 loaves last week and have 2 more in oven I froze the last ones for when i see my kids They live in NY and Florida Thank you for a healthy easy recipe :):):)

3. Jasmine says

I don’t have whole wheat flour would substituting for regular flour be ok and not make a difference in how banana bread rises and bakes?

4. Kara says

My family doesn’t eat wheat, so instead of all-purpose flour we used a gluten-free flour mix that was made of rice flour, can’t hum gum, etc.

Turned out just fine with the gluten free option! This is a special treat since it has REAL sugar in it. (We try to stay away from sugars. We like the paleo diet.)

5. Nancy says

Made this today – it’s delicious and so moist! I used 2 large bananas instead of 4 and added a splash of milk. Also, used regular flour and not the whole wheat. I baked it in 3 mini loaf pans so only took about 30 minutes. Would definitely bake this again! Thanks for the recipe!

• jessfuel says

Sure! Please link back to this page in your blog post! :) You are welcome to repost the recipe OR the photo, with a link to my site. Please do not repost both. Thanks for checking!

Trackbacks