These Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches are perfect for easy, grab-and-go breakfasts. They reheat quickly and easily in the microwave!
Today’s recipe isn’t so much a recipe as an idea. A super great idea!
Since Nick has pretty early mornings most days of the week, he is always looking for an easy grab and go breakfast. For a while it was Poptarts and granola bars, but he’s more of a savory breakfast person, so that got old fast. I was buying Jimmy Dean frozen breakfast sandwiches and they seemed to go over pretty well. But pre-made frozen food isn’t my favorite (long, unpronounceable ingredient lists and higher price tags), so I thought I’d make my own, healthier frozen breakfast sandwiches!
These sandwiches are pretty easy to make. I use ramekins to bake the eggs.
Spraying the ramekins with non-stick spray and piercing the yolks with a knife before baking helps them cook evenly and slide out of the ramekins easily.
While the eggs are cooking, I slice the English muffins. Then layer one slice of cheese on each English muffin, then 3 slices of ham.
Finally, layer on the egg and top of the English muffin.
Then they are ready to be wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen!
- 6 large eggs
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 6 English muffins
- 6 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 18 small slices deli ham
- Plastic wrap
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a jumbo muffin tin or small ramekins with nonstick spray. Crack one egg into each ramekin. Use a sharp knife to gently pierce each yolk.
- Bake the eggs 10-15 minutes, until set. Slide eggs out of ramekins and cool slightly. Sprinkle with salt & pepper, if desired.
- Meanwhile, slice English muffins. Layer one slice of cheese on each English muffin, then 3 slices of ham.
- Finally, layer on the egg and top of the English muffin.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.
- To reheat, remove the sandwiches from the plastic wrap and wrap in a paper towel. Microwave for 1 minute on 50% power. Flip sandwich over and microwave for 1 more minute on regular power.
Ta-da! An easy, on the go breakfast!