Ok, so, I know it’s a new year and everyone is on diets and, like, shunning carbs and fat and chocolate and everything delicious. But just in case you feel like having a really really really delicious reason to cheat on your resolutions, I present you with this: Beer Cheese Dip.
A friend passed this recipe on to me way back when for my bachelorette party. I made a big batch and it was devoured over the course of a couple late night, post-bar snackfests. I was a little too busy with champagne and male nether region-shaped drinking straws to blog it at the time, but I was looking for something easy to make as a snack for New Year’s and remembered it!
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup beer
- 1 packet powdered Ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Using an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, beer and Ranch dressing mix until smooth.
- Add the cheddar cheese and mix on low a few seconds until just combined.
- Serve with pretzels, chips or veggie sticks!
Though I’ve served this dip with chips before, I think the best vehicle is pretzels. It’s a sturdy dip, so the pretzels hold up well to it. Plus the pretzels go perfectly with the subtle beer flavor and amazing cheesiness!
And now, back to your regularly scheduled health foods…