These delicious Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Muffins are perfectly moist thanks to the banana, and packed full of a favorite flavor combination. Perfect with your morning coffee, or even for dessert!
This week I had a couple bananas rotting on top of the fridge, and instead of tossing them in the trash to attract fruit flies, I decided to use them as an opportunity to bake! Normally I make a pretty healthy whole wheat banana pecan bread, but since I had half a bag of chocolate chips leftover from making cookies, I decided I’d make something a little less guilt-free.
Chocolate, peanut butter and banana is quite possibly one of the best combinations on earth, so when I saw this recipe, I was sold!
Adapted from Noble Pig
- 2½ cups white whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 large ripe bananas (1¼ cups mashed)
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp oil (I used avocado, but vegetable or canola would work)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugars, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another mixing bowl, mash the bananas.
- To the mashed banana, add the milk, egg, vanilla, oil and peanut butter and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into 12 muffin tins lined with cupcake liners or sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Elvis would be in love…
I had to try one straight out of the oven.
These were so good! They’d even be the perfect dessert. Some banana buttercream would have been a nice touch. I won’t lie, every now and then cupcakes for breakfast is pretty awesome.
Note: Photos updated 6-30-17. Original photo below.